HTML/JAVA

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Remembrance ATC

This is an ATC I did for the Group of Eight (GOE) swap. Remembrance Day had just passed when I started painting and I decided that I would do a poppy...but I wanted one that would show the poppy head with no pedals. I just love the dried poppy heads in my garden, so much so, that I don't cut them down. I leave them in the garden to spread seeds for the birds over the winter. I've made made several pieces using them. I find that the actual poppy comes so early in spring that they only last a day and the weather usually takes the pedals off. So as soon as the poppy opens...I take the camera to the garden and snap some pictures. That seems to be the only way I can enjoy them for a longer season and I can prove that yes...I did have some poppies. So this was a "Lest we Forget" remembrance piece.

2 comments: