HTML/JAVA

Monday 1 July 2013

Encaustic Poppies

I just love dried poppy heads. My favorite are the big fat ones but unfortunately that's not what I had on hand. I wanted to make something with them but I wasn't sure if I could do it in encaustic wax because they're so delicate. The wax actually helped strengthen them. I wouldn't pick at them or anything but they are stronger then when I started.


 I keep all my left over, clean up,  paper towels in the studio because you never know when they'll come in handy. I decided I would audition them on this piece. Cheese cloth was another experiment & I really love the effect.


2 comments:

  1. Concept, Colouring, Construction, Creativity - Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. I wasn't sure about posting this piece but family encouragement got me moving.

      Delete