HTML/JAVA

Tuesday 29 April 2014

On my table

This is a very busy time of year. Spring is here and there is much to do. Gardening has been on my mind which leaves me even less time in the studio. I haven't posted for a couple of weeks taking advantage of the nice weather for yard cleanup. 
After work I've been working slowly on another background for more of nature's offerings.


This time I was inspired by a book I was re-reading called "Bags with Paper and Stitch".  I started with canvas and I glued newsprint to it. Then I distressed the fabric and tore the newsprint away in sections that weren't glued. Then I applied plaster and paint.
 

There is still much to do but working slowly lets it progress over time and allows my mind to play with different ideas.
I'll have lots of time to ponder & collect more of nature's offerings in Ireland over the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment