HTML/JAVA

Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Day of Play


Yesterday I had a 1/2 day of play in my studio. I was able to paint ATC's and while they were drying I quilted. The frog ATC was actually completed a while ago using a copper metallic paint and then I used acrylic inks in layers. Then I used a painted dryer sheet and melted tyvek for the body of the frog. It was then stitched to finish the frog outline.
Peace was done using left over black paint, when dry I then topped with gesso and scrubbed until I had the background that I wanted. To finish I stamped with a hand made peace stamp.
The last one was made using a background that I had previously shown on my blog. I glued on a used an Asian postal stamp and a white feather. When dry I topped it with a coating of Dorland's wax medium. The feather disappeared which was disappointing but crap happens sometimes. Once done I accented it with a metallic oil stick.