HTML/JAVA

Saturday 1 October 2011

Encaustic Gear Play


One of the groups I'm involved in is the Group of Eight Fibre Artists and they're quarterly challenge was chosen as "Spring has Sprung". We were given a square of snow dyed fabric and we had to make something with that theme. I was completely paralyzed with the size of the square and didn't want to ruin it and not be able to get another piece, so I decided that I wanted to do samples in order to see what I could do within the encaustic medium and playing with paints to try and match up the colours to the snow dyed piece...well the piece took on a life of it's own and was done before I had even used the fabric. So my 'Spring has Sprung' challenge will have to follow.

This piece started with canvas taped down to my work surface. I added encaustic wax medium, oil paint, thread and clock gears. Then I stitched it to a quilted background and voila...Encaustic Gear Play was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment