HTML/JAVA

Sunday 5 February 2012

Surface Design

The top image is my block submitted for the surface design round robin. I painted canvas with burnt orange Lumiere, laid a dryer sheet that had been painted with turquoise Lumiere and heated to melt and burn holes in it. Then I laid copper sequin waste over that and topped it off with a painted & embossed foam medallion. For the finish a bead made from painted & melted tyvek will be hung so that it will give the impression of a door knocker.
I've been working in the studio since 6:15 am this morning. It started with my beading Poppy Cock...which is in the beading stage and will probably be awhile until it's completely finished.  Then I stopped to work on the above surface design and while it was drying I worked on my Steampunk challenge that's due in...OMG...a month. I didn't sleep last night because I was so stressed at realizing that I only have a month left. So I worked on it for a majority of the day. I seem to be clinging to the wire on all my due dates and that is just not leaving me feeling very comfortable.

2 comments:

  1. Due dates are helpful though, I know that I don't get much done unless I have them :)

    Keep calm, and carry on.

    Love the top picture, I love the feel that you're getting with the paints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeeze mum, your projects aren't supposed to stop you from sleeping! Just relax, you'll finish. Don't fret! Jesika stole my words, but eh.

    Love the squares!

    ReplyDelete