HTML/JAVA

Sunday 24 June 2012

Business Reply Mail

Yesterday I spent some time in the studio after a sleepless night dreaming of encaustic. I turned on the hot plate to heat while I started playing with some collected papers. I had just received my first issue of Cloth Paper Scissors the night before and read the article about Daniella Wolfe...an encaustic artist. Of course, what always falls out of the magazines but those business reply's for you to order more magazines. So I decided to collect them and that was the beginning of the collage. So here's to Cloth Paper Scissors and Quilting Arts Magazine.

Encaustic Wax, collected papers, Business Reply Mail cards from both Cloth Paper Scissors & Quilting Arts Magazine. Potato bag mesh, sequin waste, thread goo in assorted colours and some mosaic tiles.


2 comments:

  1. This looks great Leah. I have always loved those wonderful altered spoons in that ad. Glad to see you included them in this piece. I look forward to seeing it at our GOE meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda. You always have such encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete