HTML/JAVA

Monday 7 January 2013

Polymer Clay Play

On December 1st the Surface Design group got together for a Polymer Clay day. We brought in teacher, Alyssa Light and had a great day. I found her very knowledgeable and fun. I don't actually think that I'll be doing Polymer again any time soon though. It just wasn't for me. Working the clay in my hands was presenting a problem with my arthritis and I ended up with blisters on my palms. The product is toxic and I haven't actually baked it yet. So my pieces are up in my studio, still in the box that I brought them home in.




I do think that I'll do clay again...just not polymer. I would much prefer to try just air dry clay with some stamps pressed into them. Then I could paint them to match the piece that I was working on rather than having to have lots of polymer on hand. Who knows...I may not be drawn into that technique either.
I much preferred all the other ladies work. Doesn't that always happen. I also seem to prefer organic shapes and I couldn't seem to get anywhere with that thought process. The clay seemed to look much better cut with cookie cutters or straight blade.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad, I think they're pretty cool. Kinda make me think of fish scales, some of them.

    ReplyDelete