HTML/JAVA

Monday 17 February 2014

Encaustic over Plaster

Plaster all started because of a new book I purchased called "Plaster Studio" by Stephanie Lee and Judy Wise. My husband sent me the link thinking that I would enjoy it and he was right. If you're interested, take a look at this YouTube video.


I still have not discovered a way to get good photos of my encaustic work. There is always a shine spot & no matter how hard I try I can't seem to figure it out. I guess I need some photography lessons.
 

I was hooked as soon as I saw that they were showing techniques in the book using encaustic medium. This is my first piece exploring with plaster. I really love the texture but its damn messy stuff. I haven't been able to bring out fabric in my studio while any plaster is in the works. Oh...if only I had a studio conducive to my eclectic ways....with work stations to fix my artistic appetite.

5 comments:

  1. Leah, this looks fabulous. I keep meaning to try encaustic...there are just so many things I want to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda. I'm drawn to encaustic and I wanted to try something a little different. I also have too many things that I want to do...I'm booking up the afterlife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful post … when I was painting, encaustic was something I yearned for! Thank you for sharing, Barbara (from Burlington Fibre Arts Group)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Leah, This is fabulous! You have inspired me to pull out my encaustic supplies and give it a go! And can i tell you?..I'm a huge fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie...you've given me the first smile of the day. Thanks so much for commenting positively. You should get out those supplies. I'm just a beginner with encaustic but I have been bitten and can't shake off how much I love it.

    ReplyDelete