HTML/JAVA

Saturday 1 October 2011

tyvek sample

I'm in love with melting tyvek. Recently I borrowed a book from a friend called 'Surfaces for Stitch' and in it there is a section on tyvek. It re-inspired me to head back to the studio and melt more tyvek. In this sample I used gel medium to adhere a used, painted and melted dryer sheet to a FedEx tyvek envelope. Once dry, I then placed it between parchment paper and heated it with an iron. I just loved the texture, however, some of the FedEx print was showing through the holes in the dryer sheet. So then I had to add more paint in order to cover it up. I used my inks and dropped randomly around the piece and let it run. I also rubbed ink over the surface until I got the effect I was looking for. I have no idea what I'm going to do with the sample but I had fun and I'll add it to my basket of goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment