HTML/JAVA

Monday 15 October 2012

Village People

The Surface Designers had a workshop day the weekend before Thanksgiving. These workshops can be anything you like...no rules...just have fun and be social...I love it. This time one of the members did a demonstration on Self Portraits. Now I've been playing with this idea for a very long time. I keep taking pictures of myself...not a pretty site...so they end up being deleted because you know what they say "a picture never lies"...I have to ask WHY the HELL NOT!! I for one would love some lying in that department. lol
At first it was quite intimidating but I just loved what she had done. She had such fun doing it and I was drawn to several of her compositions. I also just loved the peaceful...non stress of them not actually being self portraits but rather expressions..."green with envy"..."bruised"...my personal favorite. So I sat back and watched everyone for a little bit and started drawing. I'm much braver after I've sketched it...although I'm not a drawer of any kind it just makes me more comfortable with the movement I'll be doing on the cloth under the needle.
So these are my "Village People", of course they're not done. I have to add hair and whatever else to finish them but I just don't like the fact that I haven't posted in a while. It's just so hard to find the time to do everything we'd like to do. They were done with stitching using black thread to give them a more sketched look. Then you add water colour anything...paint, crayons or pencils until you feel that they have enough. Then the next step is to add the hair and embellishments...which I haven't done yet. Now the "Village People" are watching me on my design wall. Thanks Pat, I loved the demo...very addictive.

1 comment: